Friday, November 13, 2009

What's a Writer to Do?

I have wrote two and a half books in three months. You could call me obsessed-- though dedicated sounds a lot better. You could even call me mad. I'd still be hovering over my laptop still in my own world while I pretend to listen to you. If you're lucky you'd get a nod.


I've been stretching myself a little thin. I'm working on three different books right now and something has to give. I think I'm writing myself into a rut. Is this what I'll be doing a year from now? I have two first drafts sitting in my hard drive (and really slowing down my poor Mac.) Should I start revisions or finish the rest of the series first? That is the question that haunts me. I want to be published. Maybe I should get a book ready to send to an agent perhaps? 


Hmmm, but that would mean dropping out of NaNoWriMo. I don't feel my heart as much with this book. Maybe I should polish up Moonfire-- my favorite. 


I'm so torn. 


I think I'll let NaNoWriMo rest this year, the idea will still be there when I finish my beloved Silvermoon Series. 


Moonfire... in print. I think I just had an epiphany...

No comments:

Post a Comment