Monday, December 21, 2009

Adam's First Battle

I am very pleased where Edgebrook is going. I'm writing things I never planned in any of my outlines. It's scary, like shuffling through a dark room. I'm afraid of falling into plot holes that I won't be able to fix in revision or getting stuck at a dead end. But there are some pleasant surprises along the way--clearer glimpses into my characters' heads, exciting bits of dialogue. It's a learning experience. 


I left Adam in the middle of an unexpected battle, and the last thing he did really shocked me. I didn't think he could be so vicious, but he saw Riley in danger and his feline instincts kicked in. I have a feeling that he might feel guilty after the dust settles. We'll see tomorrow....


Revisions are going slowly, but I'm not being so hard on myself. It's the holidays after all. 


Merry Christmas!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment