Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sable's First Words

Twenty pages, three-thousand words-- done. 


It feels good to be working on another book again. I think I'm adjusting to the tone of this novel well so far, but I dread the coming scenes... it's going to be a dark time for my main characters. I'm going to be so cruel and harsh to them that I almost feel guilty-- almost.


But I know how it at ends and I know the light that will eliminate the darkness by the time I type THE END on the last book in The Silvermoon Series, and I know my characters wouldn't be able to step into that light with as much appreciation and gratitude without the coming darkness to show them just how sweet their happily ever after will be. 


My family know what I plan on doing, and they don't think I should. 


They like how happy my characters are and they don't want anything to ruin that, but it's all I can do to keep from telling them why, telling them what the light is at the end of the tunnel, because it is so great, I'm just itching to write it.  Hopefully when it's all said and done they too will see why and I hope the end will be more satisfying because of it.


Only time will tell...



No comments:

Post a Comment