Monday, October 26, 2009

Halloween Horrors

A month ago if I saw my writing habits now I would scream. 


It really is horrible-- for my goal-oriented perfectionist half, that is.


I haven't worked on Sable in days, I'm not getting up at 4:30 anymore (curse my drafty, cold room), and NaNoWriMo is only days away. My goals have been flushed down the toilet along with all the other crap trying to pass for writing that I've had to cut from Edgebrook (about 10,000 words.)


It's a living nightmare!


But I think it has helped me some. I suffered from a little burn out and now, easing into a more flexible schedule I'm starting to feel a little less uptight. I think I'll let Sable rest for a little while and focus more energy into my course novel, Edgebrook. and revising Moonfire (first in my Silvermoon Series, I've already completed draft one of the second and Sable is the third.) 


So I'll try to look at it as more of a holiday than a horror. I break from my usual strict word count goals. 


I wrote 1,000 words for Edgebrook today, using Write or Die. It truly is priceless and if there are any procrastinating writers out there I cannot recommend it enough. It's amazing how much words I can get out when I'm trying to keep that darn screen from flashing red.


Time to work on Haloween costumes. I'm going to be a masquerade dancer and my sister is going to be a pirate, and I've got a lot of sewing to do. So good bye for tonight, loves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment